Stifel Marcin understands our website visitors concerns about privacy. Like many companies, we use technology to improve the user experience, to collect information that helps in our marketing, and to optimize our site. In every effect, we respect your right to privacy and work to provide transparency in how we use information.
The cookies we use on this website provide functionality, improve the user experience and help us to understand what information and advertising is most useful.
Please review our Cookies Policy. If you have any questions please submit a question through the Contact Us form on our website.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are used to store small pieces of information. They are stored on your device when the website is loaded on your browser. These cookies help us make the website function properly, make it more secure, provide better user experience, and understand how the website performs and to analyze what works and where it needs improvement.
Cookies also may be used to connect anonymous information, compiling data aggregates so we can better understand how people use our website and to monitor the performance of advertising campaigns.
How can I control or delete cookies?
There are many ways to manage your cookies:
- You can refuse your consent;
- You can disable Stifel Marcin cookies or third-party cookies by use of your browser settings; or
- You can use our cookie management tool to disable Stifel Marcin cookies or third-party cookies.
You can change your cookie preferences any time. Revisit the cookie consent pop-up window and change your preferences, or reject cookies.
Additionally, different browsers provide different methods to block and delete cookies used by websites. You can change the settings of your browser to block/delete the cookies. Listed below are the links to the support documents on how to manage and delete cookies from the major web browsers.
There are also software products available that can manage cookies for you.
To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, click here.
What cookies do we use?
The cookies used on the Stifel Marcin website may be generally categorized as follow:
- Necessary Cookies. These cookies do not identify you as an individual. They are essential in the performance of the Stifel Marcin website and its functions.
- Performance Cookies. These cookies do not identify you as an individual, but gather information about your website engagement, such as the pages you visit, the time spent on site, and any error messages. These cookies also tell us how you accessed our website.
- Functionality Cookies. The information these cookies collect may include personal data that you have disclosed. Functionality Cookies allow our site to store information about your visit and allow us to improve your personal experience.
- Targeting or Advertising Cookies. Most types of these cookies track consumers via their Device ID or IP address and therefore they may collect personal data. They help us serve you advertising that is customized to your content engagement preferences. It also can control the number of times you are served an ad. Often this information is shared with third parties. Most types of these cookies track consumers via their Device ID or IP address therefore they may collect personal data.
- Third-Party Cookies. Based on the type of cookies used by the relevant third-party, the information these cookies collect may include personal data. We use a number of partners that may also set cookies on your device on our behalf when you visit our website. We also use a number of partners to provide digital experiences and functionalities on our website. Working to set your cookies preferences on both our website and all third party websites you engage with can help create consistency in your cookies tracking.
In terms of duration, we may use two different types of cookies on our website:
- Session Cookies. These cookies are temporary cookies that remain on your device until you leave our website; or
- Persistent Cookies. These cookies remain on your device for much longer or until you manually delete them (how long the cookie remains on your device will depend on the duration or “lifetime” of the specific cookie, as well as your browser settings).